Coffee has to be the most popular drink on the planet – second to water, of course. This rich, dark, and bittersweet beverage is enjoyed by millions of people all over the globe every day, and has become the core of many different brands and businesses the world over.
Consumed as a morning pick-me-up, as a conversation starter, or as a simple way to relax and unwind, coffee is an essential part of daily living. That’s why fitting out your home with the best drip coffee makers eliminates the need to leave, just to grab a ‘Cup of Joe’.
The humble coffee maker is now a kitchen counter-top essential, allowing the creation of your own coffee concoctions in comfort of home.
But much like any other product, coffee machines aren’t all made equal. Want to find out which ones really stand out? Read on to learn more.
- 6 Top Rated Drip Coffee Makers
- Our Coffee Maker Reviews
- #1 – OXO On 9 Cup Coffee Maker
- #2 – Mr. Coffee BVMC-PSTX91 Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker, Black/Stainless Steel
- #3 – Cuisinart DCC-2650 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
- #4 – BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer
- #5 – Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer
- #6 – Zojirushi EC-YSC100 Fresh Brew Plus Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker
6 Top Rated Drip Coffee Makers
|Product||Serve Capacity||Self Clean||Brew Time (Average)||Warranty||Thermal Carafe||Footprint|
|OXO On 9 Cup||9 Cup||No||6-7 Mins||Varies||Yes||14.2"
|Mr. Coffee BVMC-PSTX91||10 Cup||Yes||8 Mins||1 Year||Yes||10.8"
|Cuisinart DCC-2650||12 Cup||Yes||6 Mins||3 Year||Yes||11"
|Bunn MCU||1 Cup||Yes||2-3 Mins||2 Year||No||13.5"
|Bonavita BV1900TS||8 Cup||No||5 Mins||2 Year||Yes||10"
|Zojirushi EC-YSC100||10 Cup||Yes||5-6 Mins||1 Year||Yes||10.6"
Our Coffee Maker Reviews
#1 – OXO On 9 Cup Coffee Maker
The best drip coffee maker on the market today can be hard to pinpoint, but the OXO On 9 Cup Coffee Maker proves to be a worthy contender. This coffee maker features a microprocessor controlled brew cycle designed to render the perfect blend every time.
It comes equipped with a rain maker water shower head for even dispersal of water across the grounds or beans to properly extract the flavour from the coffee. On the body is an LED interface that presents the coffee maker’s status and the freshness of the coffee contained inside.
- Pros: One of the features that sets this coffee maker apart is the fact that it can brew anywhere between 2-9 cups in a single sitting, which works great for people who like to serve coffee to guests or multiple persons in a single sitting. Operation is very straightforward, eliminating the need for a learning curve. It takes only 6-7 minutes for the coffee maker to render a full pot of coffee.
- Cons: On the overall, the maker is made of plastic parts which might not seem high quality for those who are more meticulous when it comes to construction.
#2 – Mr. Coffee BVMC-PSTX91 Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker, Black/Stainless Steel
The best thermal coffee maker today has to be the Mr. Coffee BVMC-PSTX91 which features a state-of-the-art water filtration system that removes up to 97% of chlorine from water for a fresher, cleaner, more flavourful brew.
The maker comes equipped with a freshness timer which works to inform users how fresh coffee is based on the time it was brewed. Users who want to take a cup of coffee before brewing is completed can make use of the grab-a-cup auto pause function which temporarily stops brewing to allow partial coffee collection.
- Pros: A feature that puts the Mr. Coffee BVMC-PSTX91 ahead of the rest is its cycle cleaning function which informs the user when it’s time to clean the machine. The machine reaches up to 205 degrees Fahrenheit which allows it to extract the highest level of flavor from coffee. This also makes it possible for the machine to brew up to 10 cups of coffee in just under 6 minutes.
- Cons: The only complaint that some users have with this particular coffee maker is the fact that it does not keep coffee at desired temperatures for very long time. Just 3 hours after brewing, coffee can significantly lose heat making it cooler than desired.
#3 – Cuisinart DCC-2650 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
This fully automatic coffee maker features a 24 hour programmability, self-cleaning, cup quantity adjustment, and auto-shut off functions. Temperature can be adjusted to suit user preference, and Brew Pause function allows users to collect a cup of coffee before the brew is complete.
- Pros: This coffee maker is considered among the best single cup coffee maker models because of its superior functionality and ease of use. The entire product is durable, designed with high-quality materials that resist staining and heat damage. The design is very contemporary, so users won’t have to worry about matching it with other kitchen décor. But the biggest takeaway has to be the fact that it can brew large amounts of coffee in just a short amount of time.
- Cons: While the product does offer a brew strength adjustment option, some users complain that there actually isn’t much of a noticeable difference even between the extreme ends of the temperature spectrum.
#4 – BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer
Equipped with a pulse brew feature, the BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer can extract maximum flavour out of beans and grounds for a rich, deep, dark taste. The product can be adapted to many travel mugs thanks to its removal drip tray that works to accommodate different cups and mugs.
- Pros: The BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer makes use of K-Cup packs which can be very convenient for those who prefer using these easy and convenient coffee packets. The coffee maker also doubles as a hot water dispenser for many other uses like instant coffee, oatmeal, and more.
- Cons: Some users have trouble with the ground coffee drawer as it can clog and resist water passing through no matter how finely ground the granules might be.
Developed with a one-touch brew operation, users can concoct their favorite coffee creations with a single push of a button. The machine can reach temperatures of up to 205 degrees Fahrenheit which works for a fast and rich brew. A pre-infusion option can soak beans and granules before brewing to extract maximum flavour.
- Pros: The machine is very efficient at keeping coffee at the optimal temperature even hours after brewing. A complete cycle takes no more than 5 minutes, ideal for those who are always on the go. Finally, the auto off function works great to save power and eliminates the need to keep checking on the machine during brewing.
- Cons: The carafe isn’t too ergonomic, requiring users to practically turn it completely upside down just to get the last few drops of coffee.
#6 – Zojirushi EC-YSC100 Fresh Brew Plus Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker
The 10 cup coffee carafe was designed and optimized to store coffee for extended hours without losing heat. The removable water tank makes the cleaning process easy and trouble free. A thumb activated pouring system makes for precise serving and optimal heat retention.
- Pros: The coffee machine is very easy to use, and the big buttons eliminate the need to fiddle with controls or guess what each option is for. the carafe is very efficient and serves as a very worthy plus point compared to other carafes that other coffee makers come with. Finally, the entire machine comes with a battery back-up which continues brewing if you accidentally unplug the machine or if electricity goes out.
- Cons: Some units might present with a manufacturing issue that causes leakage of liquids and fluids, so hold on to your warranty just in case.